Website Coastal Family Health Center
The role of the Behavioral Health Specialist is to function as part of a collaborative care team providing a wide range of behavioral health services, including conducting biopsychosocial assessments, developing individualized plans of care, providing brief counseling and psychotherapy services, advanced clinical and medical case management, conducting Healthcare for the Homeless eligibility screenings, applications for social services & patient assistance, and external referrals to higher levels of care as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of professional practice standards, ethics, and code of conduct.
- Knowledge of medical and mental health and substance abuse diagnoses and treatment procedures services (based on experience and within parameters of license).
- Knowledge of community resources, how to make appropriate referrals to community and other governmental agencies for services.
- Requires independent judgment and skill in utilizing supportive, problem-solving and crisis intervention techniques when working with patients and families.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of critical thinking, clinical decision making, and complex case conceptualization abilities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to exercise a high degree of communication, cooperation, and collegiality in a fast-paced primary care medical environment working as a member of comprehensive care team.
- Must be able to assess, diagnose, and treat all age groups/populations and all diagnoses across the DSM-5.
- Must be comfortable with information technology and able to successfully navigate electronic health record and population health management systems.
- Requires independent judgment and skill in utilizing supportive, problem-solving or crisis intervention techniques when working with individuals and families.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with patients, providers, and coworkers.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in an effective and appropriate manner according to CFHC core values.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, and organize activities to meet established deadlines and to provide timely customer service.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions clearly and precisely.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and sensitivity to persons of all social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, lift, and move intermittently during the workday.
- Must be willing to travel.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Active state of Mississippi social work or counseling license at the independent clinical level (LCSW or LPC). Master’s degree in social work or counseling from an accredited university or college is required. Minimum Experience: 2 – 3 years of experience in a health care setting preferred. Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying. Required Valid Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance coverage (minimum of liability) in case travel is necessary.
- Works with patients and families who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical, and social problems utilizing a team-based patient-centered approach.
- Conducts intake interviews, mental status evaluations, psycho/social histories and psychological assessments (screening for addiction, danger to self and/or others, as well as co-occurring disorders).
- Utilizes appropriate diagnostic tools, including the current edition of the DSM, to describe the symptoms and clinical presentation of patients with mental, emotional, and behavioral health conditions.
- Formulates and implements evidence-based care plans and regularly evaluates progress made on Care.
- Plan compliance to make individual modifications regarding goals and interventions.
- Provides referrals for both internal and external services as appropriate.
- Provides mental health and substance abuse counseling services (based on experience and within parameters of license).
- Documents patient encounters within Electronic Health Record (EHR) as well as additional databases as necessary utilizing approved workflow processes.
- Participates as a part of team huddles and other clinical team meetings as needed.
- Conducts quality improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com