Website Coastal Family Health Center
The Director of Finance is a professional position of the senior management team who oversees all aspects of the accounting and financial operations of the organization. The Director is responsible for providing accurate, timely financial information to the leadership to help guide decision making. Strategic thinking and constant improvements in workflows to support clinical operations is essential to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget forecasting and audit techniques.
- Ability to adapt accounting methods to governmental accounting practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of automated and manual accounting systems.
- Excellent abilities at working out computations and analyzing numbers to ensure the health of the financials.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Knowledge of federal funding requirements.
- Ability to develop and recommend internal financial controls.
- Possess the ability to effectively manage time and multitask.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during the workday.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, supervisory personnel, providers, vendors and others.
- Apply logical thinking and analyze information to break down complex issues into individual components and find strategic solutions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate activities and training.
- Ability to regularly produce accurate, verified work.
Graduation from an accredited College or University with a degree in business administration or accounting. A minimum of at least five years of experience in a senior accounting position or a closely related field. Must hold a valid driver license.
- Produce and present accurate Financial Statement monthly for Executive Team and/or
- Finance Committee review in a timely manner.
- Produce site and service line financials for quarterly review with directors and managers
- Produce variance analysis for CFO to identify need for budget revisions or other action
- Possess strong leadership skills and financial acumen.
- Hire, train and evaluate finance staff on a timely basis
- Identify and develop strengths of team members to achieve their highest levels of performance
- Perform, at a minimum, quarterly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy of balances.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Outstanding integrity, solid moral judgement, and the ability to make important decisions under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the propensity to successfully foster new and maintain long-standing business relationships.
- Oversight of accounts payable activities, including review of all invoices for proper coding to ensure accuracy of financial statements relative to funding source, service line and other allocations or designations.
- Oversight of payroll functions, including detailed review of labor distributions and journal entries to ensure appropriate coding of expenses.
- Oversight and supervision of purchasing staff, with periodic review of activity to ensure timely response to needs of organization.
- Monitor payment of all payroll taxes and benefit deductions to ensure timely payment and filing of all reports, including W-2s, 1095s and 1099s annually.
- Assist in the budget preparation annually
- Assist with filing of organizational tax filings for Federal and State agencies
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of the annual independent financial audit
- Prepare Medicare Cost Report annually.
- Maintain relationships with clinical management to facilitate accurate daily activities reports and deposit transactions.
- Assists with the development of reports for analysis of operations as various levels for the Executive Team.
- Reconcile all 340B Pharmacy revenue with third-party administrators, Contract, Pharmacy and Specialty pharmacies to ensure all revenue is received.
- Coordinate with Pharmacy staff on adjudication of claims.
- Assist with coordination of fund-raising activities for staff functions to ensure integrity of funds balances.
- Serve as back-up for CFO on Payment Management System for grant draws and
- required reporting, as well as other reporting needed in CFOs absence.
- Service as back-up for Payroll and Accounts Payable, as needed.
- Please submit resumes with the position applying for on the subject line to
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com