Website Coastal Family Health Center
The Primary Care Provider-Physician will be responsible for assessing, planning and initiating the care needed for the Adult and/or Pediatric populations served in the various communities served by Coastal Family Health Center (CFHC). The provider will be guided by Board approved evidence-based protocols to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Educated with both academic and clinical preparation suitable for Provider role.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, coworkers and other customers.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service and relationship skills.
- Knowledge of current practice standards, including CLIA, HRSA, Joint Commission, OSHA and other local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ability to organize work, develop procedures, conduct and evaluate audits using outcome measure or indicators.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidential documents and information.
- Ability to teach and help to orient new team members
- Ability to provide leadership and inspire staff.
- Critical thinking skills based on solid judgment and data.
- Ability to lead a primary care team.
- Understands providers are subject to frequent interruptions and workload pressures.
- Understands providers may be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
- Understands providers may be required to work beyond normal work hours.
- Understands providers may work under stress with deadlines.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the workday.
Graduated from an accredited college/university and obtain a valid license in the state of Mississippi. Must meet all other requirements defined by the Chief Medical Officer of Coastal Family Health. Individual must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Practices within the legal and ethical boundaries of the role.
- Demonstrates accurate assessment skills based on patient history and other available data.
- Prepares an appropriate written plan of care.
- Initiates the implementation of the written plan involving the patient, family and other appropriate team members.
- Ensures there is a follow up plan in place for continued monitoring (if needed).
- Maintains accurate EMR records ensuring timely entries.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of patient information.
- Prepares reports or follow up requests from colleagues/patients in a timely manner.
- Assists with the development and implementation of Clinical protocols based on evidence-based medicine, when requested by Chief Medical Officer.
- Provides physical exams or appropriate procedures in a safe manner according to procedure.
Effectively communicates updated medical information related to clinical outcomes to appropriate staff members.
- Participates as a team member to achieve quality clinical outcomes.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Performs other related activities as appropriate for providers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org